[kepler-users] Using DifferentialSystem actor

Godbole, Pranav pgodbole6 at gatech.edu
Mon Oct 21 16:42:09 PDT 2013

Hi!

I'm looking to solve a sizable number of 2nd order ODE's in Kepler. Given the large number of equations I need to solve, I think using the standard 'expression / integrator' method may become too messy, so I was looking into using the Differential System actor to keep things tidy. The problem is I'm not sure how to correctly use the actor. I found the documentation to be confusing and could not find any tutorials for Kepler/Ptolemy II/Simulink to clarify. If someone could write a quick tutorial using a minimal example (maybe an undamped pendulum) or point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Aside: The ODE's are in reduced (1st order) form, so it is really just a matter of getting it into Kepler.

Cheers,

Pranav