[kepler-users] Using DifferentialSystem actor

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 21 16:54:47 PDT 2013

I'm not that familiar with the DifferentialSystem actor.

The docs for the Ptolemy DifferentialSystem actor may be found at
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal/src/ptII/doc/codeDocViptos/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/domains/continuous/lib/DifferentialSystem.html

There are these demos that might help:

  * ptolemy/domains/gr/demo/FurutaPendulum/FurutaPendulum.xml
    <../../../../../../ptolemy/domains/gr/demo/FurutaPendulum/FurutaPendulum.xml>

  * ptolemy/domains/continuous/demo/FurutaPendulum/FurutaPendulum.xml
    <../../../../../../ptolemy/domains/continuous/demo/FurutaPendulum/FurutaPendulum.xml>

  * ptolemy/domains/continuous/demo/Lorenz/LorenzDifferentialSystem.xml
    <../../../../../../ptolemy/domains/continuous/demo/Lorenz/LorenzDifferentialSystem.xml>

_Christopher

On 10/21/13 4:42 PM, Godbole, Pranav wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm looking to solve a sizable number of 2nd order ODE's in Kepler.
> Given the large number of equations I need to solve, I think using the
> standard 'expression / integrator' method may become too messy, so I
> was looking into using the Differential System actor to keep things
> tidy. The problem is I'm not sure how to correctly use the actor. I
> found the documentation to be confusing and could not find any
> tutorials for Kepler/Ptolemy II/Simulink to clarify. If someone could
> write a quick tutorial using a minimal example (maybe an undamped
> pendulum) or point me in the right direction, I would greatly
> appreciate it!
>
> Aside: The ODE's are in reduced (1st order) form, so it is really just
> a matter of getting it into Kepler.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Pranav

Academic Program Manager & Software Engineer  US Mail: 337 Cory Hall
CHESS/iCyPhy/Ptolemy/TerraSwarm               Berkeley, CA 94720-1774
cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu, 707.332.0670           (Office: 545Q Cory)