[kepler-users] Multiple users run multiple workflows on shared computer

Lynch, Vickie E. lynchve at ornl.gov
Tue Aug 6 15:59:21 PDT 2013

Hi,
We are developing a Kepler workflow for users that will run on a shared computer for many hours/days optimizing  models of experimental data.  Our requirement is for multiple users to run kepler workflows on a shared machine and those users run multiple workflows. We have made the changes on this webpage, https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/accessing-hsql, so that kepler will run for multiple users, but now each user can only run one workflow at a time. Much time has been invested in developing a complicated workflow and we did not find this problem until two developers started running on the shared machine.  It is not mentioned in the user's manual.

Is there some way to turn off the HSQL database?  Will this problem be fixed in a future release?  Is there some workaround?

Vickie E. Lynch
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, PO Box 2008, Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6454
(865)250-4795, Bldg. 8600, Room C-509-F, MS6454, lynchve at ornl.gov