[kepler-users] classpath issues

Brian Schlining brian at mbari.org
Tue Nov 6 13:38:40 PST 2012

Hi All,

I'm building working on a kepler module that includes code to launch a JavaFX UI to handle some user interactions. I built the UI outside of Kepler and dropped the jar into  the usual mymodule/lib/jar directory. However, when I try to launch Kepler (using 'ant run' since I'm building a custom module), Kepler can't find the JavaFX jar (located at $JDK_HOME/jre/lib/jfxrt.jar). I can't copy jfxrt.jar into the module as it seems to expect to be located relative to some native libraries. The correct way to include it would just be to leave the jar where it is and add it to kepler's classpath.

Can anyone tell me how to add something like /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_09.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfxrt.jar  to kepler's classpath so it will be picked up when kepler is launched via 'ant run'?

Thanks!!

-- B
Brian Schlining
MBARI
Software Engineer, Research and Development
brian at mbari.org (mailto:brian at mbari.org)
(831) 775-1855

http://www.mbari.org/staff/brian