[kepler-users] classpath issues

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Nov 6 20:09:48 PST 2012

Hi Brian,
I don't have a good answer.  To fix this might require changing the code
in build-area/src/org/kepler/build.

I'm not sure, but using ant's -lib argument might do the trick. However,
it seems unusual to need to specify the jre directory and I'm not sure
if -lib would help.
See https://ant.apache.org/manual/running.html

It seems like it is a bit of a bug in the jvm if jre/lib/jfxrt.jar is
not being found.  Maybe try some of the JavaFX and ant resources on the
net?  Does a simple ant file outside of Kepler find the contents of
jfxrt.jar?

Perhaps $JDK_HOME is not the JDK that is being used by ant?

_Christopher

On 11/6/12 1:38 PM, Brian Schlining wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm building working on a kepler module that includes code to launch a
> JavaFX UI to handle some user interactions. I built the UI outside of
> Kepler and dropped the jar into  the usual mymodule/lib/jar directory.
> However, when I try to launch Kepler (using 'ant run' since I'm
> building a custom module), Kepler can't find the JavaFX jar (located
> at $JDK_HOME/jre/lib/jfxrt.jar). I can't copy jfxrt.jar into the
> module as it seems to expect to be located relative to some native
> libraries. The correct way to include it would just be to leave the
> jar where it is and add it to kepler's classpath.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to add something
> like /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_09.jdk/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jfxrt.jar
>  to kepler's classpath so it will be picked up when kepler is launched
> via 'ant run'?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> -- B
> Brian Schlining
> MBARI
> Software Engineer, Research and Development
> brian at mbari.org <mailto:brian at mbari.org>
> (831) 775-1855
>
> http://www.mbari.org/staff/brian

ph: 510.643.9841                                (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 cell: 707.332.0670