[kepler-users] Kepler and multiple instances in nogui mode - failing

Daniel Crawl danielcrawl at gmail.com
Tue May 22 18:07:27 PDT 2012

Hi Michal,

You can start the HSQL servers before you execute the workflows. To do
this, all the databases need to be configured to use a server instead
of directly accessing the file. By default, the databases for the
cache and core use a server, but not for provenance. To make the
provenance database use a server, update configuration.xml in the
provenance module so that DB Host is set to localhost. More information
on configuring the databases can be found here:

https://kepler-project.org/developers/reference/accessing-hsql/

To start the servers:

kepler.sh -hsql start

After the workflows finish execution, you can stop the servers:

kepler.sh -hsql stop

It looks like the location of KeplerData and .kepler can be changed by
setting $HOME, but I have not exhaustively tested this.

   --dan