[kepler-users] Collecting Inputs (accumulation of data)

Stefan Proell sproell at sba-research.org
Thu May 24 06:24:55 PDT 2012

Dear Kepler-Community,
I have another question regarding the design of a complex workflow.

I collect files from a Web server and run these through a Web service,
that performs some analysis of these files. So far this works nicely. I
receive a string for each file as a result  (by using a Ramp-Loop) and I
need to write these strings in a single file line by line. This would
not be a problem, if there wasn't a special file format, which requires
me to write additional metadata before the strings and to eliminate
possible duplicates. I need to accumulate all the result strings, check
them for duplicates and then process them further and therefore I need
to have a collection of all that strings. How can I achieve this, that
the actor (I wrote myself) waits for all the strings to arrive and then
start the processing?

What am I missing? Is there a "wait for the previous actor stopped
fireing"-option or how would I do that?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan