[kepler-users] Module Manager problems

Frank White fwhite at optensity.com
Mon Jan 31 08:33:19 PST 2011

Hello:
I'm having a problem using the Kepler Module Manager.  Here are the
steps I've taken.  The result is repeatable.

1) Downloaded Kepler-2.0-osx.jar - success
2) Ran installer - success
3) Launched Kepler 2.0 - success
4) Used Module Manager to install Kepler 2.1 - success
5) Relaunched Kepler 2.1 - success
6) Used Module Manager to install the Reporting-2.1 module - STALL

Here's the output up to the stall.

          [null] Kepler Initializing...
          [null] INFO
    (org.kepler.objectmanager.library.LibraryManager:buildLibrary:328)
    Building Library...
          [null] INFO
    (org.kepler.objectmanager.cache.LocalRepositoryManager:scanReposForKarFiles:246)
    Scanning Local Repositories for KAR files ..
          [null] INFO
    (org.kepler.kar.KARCacheManager:synchronizeKARCacheWithLocalRepositories:374)
    The Cache is in sync with KAR files in Local Repositories.
          [null] Release:
    https://code.kepler-project.org/code/kepler/releases/released
          [null] ModuleDownloader downloadModules trying to
    download:reporting-2.1.0 Downloading module:reporting-2.1.0 ...
          [null] Spawning new Kepler process

        ** STALLS HERE **

At this point, I 'x' close the module manager window and menu quit
Kepler.  When I try to relaunch Kepler after that I get the following:

    bash-3.2$ ./kepler.sh &
    [1] 5467
    bash-3.2$ Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
             at
    org.kepler.build.modules.ModulesTask.execute(ModulesTask.java:105)
             at org.kepler.build.runner.Kepler.main(Kepler.java:78)
             at org.kepler.build.Run.runSuite(Run.java:262)
             at org.kepler.build.Run.run(Run.java:202)
             at
    org.kepler.build.modules.ModulesTask.execute(ModulesTask.java:101)
             ... 1 more
    --- Nested Exception ---
    java.lang.NullPointerException
             at org.kepler.build.Run.runSuite(Run.java:262)
             at org.kepler.build.Run.run(Run.java:202)
             at
    org.kepler.build.modules.ModulesTask.execute(ModulesTask.java:101)
             at org.kepler.build.runner.Kepler.main(Kepler.java:78)

The curious thing is I was able to use the Module Manager to
successfully add Reporting-2.1 to a long running Kepler 2.1 installation
just last Friday.

Appreciate any help / insight you can provide.

Cheers,
Frank White

--
Frank White