[kepler-users] WSDL Issues

Eric Wooten ecwooten at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:10:10 PST 2010

When trying to set up a soap URL like:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/soaplab/typed/services/edit.seqret?wsdl

to a soaplab actor I get errors about the wsdl service not being reachable.
No problem with reaching these URLs in a browser. Does Kepler pass these
web-service queries through port 80? I tried using a web proxy (and setting
that in kepler.sh) but it didn't help matters.

Get a bunch of these errors on startup in the log:
05 Mar 2010 17:41:11,561 [thread: pool-1-thread-1] ERROR -
org.ecoinformatics.seek.ecogrid.EcoGridServicesController - could not add
service:The service type is invalid or null: KeplerSlaveNode.  Couldn't be
added to list

Nothing seems to be logged as a result of the four dialogues that come up in
succession when I try to add the wsdl. It just asks me to confirm the URL
and fails.

OS os Macintosh 10.6.2. Native java is 1.6.0_17 (not 1.5)...not so sure if
that could be the problem, everything else I've tinkered with in Kepler
seemingly works fine.

Thanks for any thoughts,
Eric