[kepler-users] Vergil as a GUI lib

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 3 08:40:28 PDT 2010

Volume 2 of the Ptolemy documentation describes the
software architecture in quite a bit of detail. I would
provide a link, but the website appears to be down right now.
If you go to http://ptolemy.org and look for documentation,
you can find it.

The short story is that the software is divided roughly as
follows:

Ptolemy core: kernel, actor, data, graph, and math packages.
These do not depend on anything else and provide the infrastructure.

Ptolemy domains: sdf, pn, continuous, etc.
These depend on the core and provide the execution engines.

MoML: This provides the XML syntax.

diva: This provides enhancements to swing that are generic
GUI capabilities. It does not depend on anything else.

Vergil: This provides the graphical editor. It depends
on everything else.

Edward