[kepler-users] using undefined input port

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 26 09:41:02 PST 2009

Dear Jose,

The Boolean Multiplexor needs to have data on all ports to work, which
is probably why yours is not working.  The documentation for that
actor says:

"The actor must receive tokens on all ports. Each time the actor
fires, it reads one token from each of its input ports and outputs the
selected token."

There is a short article on how to do conditional execution in the
September 2008 newsletter:

Conditional Routing and Execution in Kepler
https://dev.kepler-project.org/users/newsletter/2008-09-kepler-news.pdf

You should be able to do what you want following those examples,
although note that BooleanSwitch won't work with the SDF director.
You'll need to choose another, like possibly the DDF director.

Matt

2009/1/26 José Román Bilbao Castro <jrbcast at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to do this:
>
> My workflow accepts an input port. Within the workflow I can do two
> different things:
>
> a) If the input parameter has a value do something
> b) else if the input parameter has nothing (i.e. is not connected), do
> something.
>
> I have been trying to use boolean expressions (IsPresent) and a logical
> multiplexor
> but when the input port is not connected I get an error I can not solve.
>
> Please find attached the workflow, try to remove the external input port
> parameter to
> see the problem
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jose.
>

> ===============================
> José Román Bilbao Castro, PhD
> Dept. Arquitectura de Computadores y Electrónica
> Edif. CITE III.
> Universidad de Almería
> La Cañada de San Urbano, 04120
> Almería (Spain)
> jrbcast at gmail.com

Matthew B. Jones
Director of Informatics Research and Development
UC Santa Barbara
jones at nceas.ucsb.edu                       Ph: 1-907-523-1960
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinfo