[kepler-users] add ontologies

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:56:01 PST 2009

Hi Chris,

Jackie's code is in the Ptolemy II devel tree.  Kepler uses
portions of Ptolemy II as Kepler's execution engine.

Using Jackie's code from within Kepler would require a certain
amount of work, primarily involving the configuration files.
Jackie's code has not yet been released, it is still within
the Ptolemy II development tree.  We intend to release this code
in Ptolemy II 8.0, due out in April as a beta.  I'm not sure
if this code will ever be directly folded into Kepler.
The current ontology code in Kepler has been around longer than
Jackie's code and the current Kepler ontology code was developed
by people like Shawn, who are much more directly involved in
Kepler.

If you want to try out Jackie's code, then see
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal and download the devel
version of Ptolemy II.  Note that this code is still under
very active development, so it will have bugs.

_Christopher

http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/kepler/pipermail/kepler-users/2009-February/001324.html
says that Shawn responded with:

--
Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)