[kepler-users] Packaging Actors

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Aug 18 13:07:33 PDT 2009

Hi Jim,

This functionality of Kepler is actively being worked on at the moment,
your best bet is to update often to the HEAD.
You should see a "Save Archive (KAR)" option both from the main menu and
from right clicking on the background of your workflow and that should
be used to save an actor to a KAR.  As for saving multiple actors to a
KAR there really isn't a mechanism for doing this at the moment.  It
would be nice if you could just drag actors around in the library and
drop them into KAR files but we're not there yet.  In the meantime you
can try packaging the moml files together using the standard java jar
tool and modifying the manifest appropriately (i.e. rolling the
revisions on the LSIDs).  That should work but has not undergone much
testing at the moment.  If you do try that make sure the classes used by
those MoMLs are somewhere on the classpath at runtime.  We are hoping to
include a tool in the build system for the 2.0 release which will
automate this for you and allow you to specify dependencies on Kepler
modules that will ensure the proper classes are present for running the
MoML files stored inside the KAR package.

Aaron