[kepler-dev] Kepler - bug related to user.home settings

Michal Owsiak michal.owsiak at man.poznan.pl
Mon May 28 02:10:46 PDT 2012

Hello Jianwu,

thanks for your suggestions, but I think this issue still remains. Maybe
we have slightly different use-cases.

Use-case:

- I want to start multiple instances of Kepler at the same machine
- I want each of Kepler instances to be executed in separated HOME

I am using following scripts to achieve that:

(both scripts are executed inside $HOME/kepler_temp)

--- CUT multiple.sh ---
#!/bin/tcsh

mkdir $1
cd $1
setenv OLD_HOME $HOME
setenv HOME `pwd`
$OLD_HOME/kepler/kepler.sh -D"user.home"="$HOME"
--- CUT ---

--- CUT start_test.sh ---
#!/bin/tcsh

./multiple.sh 0 &
./multiple.sh 1 &
./multiple.sh 2 &
--- CUT ---

- Create directory kepler_temp in your $HOME
- put multiple.sh and start_test.sh inside $HOME/kepler_temp
- start ./start_test.sh

As you can see, only one Kepler instance is started.

Michal

--
Michal Owsiak <michal.owsiak at man.poznan.pl>

Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry PAS
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznan, POLAND

http://www.man.poznan.pl