[kepler-dev] Kepler - bug related to user.home settings

Jianwu Wang jianwu at sdsc.edu
Fri May 25 14:51:57 PDT 2012

Hi Michal,

     In Kepler trunk, if I run command like ./kepler.sh
-D"arg1"="value1", the workflow can get the new value. You can get its
value in the workflow by using property("arg1") in Expression actor. I
also tried ./kepler.sh -D"user.home"="$HOME/test-home", which also works
for me. Please try whether this way works for you.

     Your patch looks good. Just it is not general. Users may also want
to pass other properties. Luckily, the current kepler trunk support any
property to be set after kepler.sh. At least in my tests.

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.
jianwu at sdsc.edu
http://users.sdsc.edu/~jianwu/

Assistant Project Scientist
Scientific Workflow Automation Technologies (SWAT) Laboratory
San Diego Supercomputer Center
University of California, San Diego
San Diego, CA, U.S.A.