[kepler-dev] Kepler and loading modules from external location

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 29 09:54:38 PDT 2012

Michael --

Modules that are downloaded by the module manager are installed in your
home directory, under $HOME//KeplerData/modules -- so you should be able to
use that location.  Of course, you also need to modify various
configuration files to load the module into your current suite -- really
this should be done through the Module Manager.  Currently Kepler only
knows how to manage modules that have been released in the standard way (
https://kepler-project.org/developers/teams/build/documentation/publishing-steps)
-- you would have to find a workaround to allow the Module Manager to use
locally obtained modules instead of obtaining them over the network.

Matt