[kepler-dev] Kepler and loading modules from external location

Michal Owsiak michalo at man.poznan.pl
Thu Mar 29 02:40:10 PDT 2012

Hello Kepler team,

I have question related to module location.

At the moment, we are using Kepler in such configuration that all
modules are stored inside Kepler directory.

We are looking for a solution, where we have central Kepler installation
(lets say /opt/kepler), but at the same time, users can have their own
module (most probably this will be the same module name for each user,
e.g. user-module-2.4) in $HOME directory.

Users are expected to put their own extensions into this module.

Question is:

does Kepler provide any means of putting module outside main Kepler
directory structure?

If not, what would be the effort to introduce this kind of feature and
what parts of Kepler would be affected by this change?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cheers

Michal

--
Michal Owsiak <michal.owsiak at man.poznan.pl>

Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry PAS
Poznan Supercomputing and Networking Center
Noskowskiego 12/14, 61-704 Poznan, POLAND

http://www.man.poznan.pl