[kepler-dev] [kepler-users] Recipe for using Ptolemy JAI actors?

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Mar 15 17:06:00 PDT 2010

I think a module for JAI is a good idea.  Typically, the reason that things
are commented out in the Kepler build is when the required jar libraries can
not be redistributed.  I think that was the case with JAI, which is why it
is conditionally compiled in ptolemy, and not compiled in Kepler.  A quick
read of the license now indicates that it may be possible to redistribute
the binary, but may require indemnification of Sun to do so.  I think if
someone looks into the license and decides it can be redistributed freely
then a module for JAI makes sense.

Matt