[kepler-dev] Question regarding LastObjectId

Aaron Schultz aschultz at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 2 17:26:27 PDT 2009

Madhu,

Yes that is correct, the LastObjectId file is a serialized Java Integer
and is incremented (read and written) every time a particular instance
of Kepler assigns a new KeplerLSID to an object.  Under heavy server
loads there is currently the possibility of collisions when
reading/writing that file.  It does not currently get locked.  Using
java.nio.channels.FileLock would be a good enhancement for a server
environment but has not yet been implemented.

Aaron