[kepler-dev] renaming Loader and test installers

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed May 13 08:24:00 PDT 2009

Hi Chad,
Congrats on getting the installer out!

I updated some of the Ptolemy models so that the text looks better under
Kepler.  Will you be making future releases from the SVN head or
is there a branch that should be updated.  If the branch should be
updated, then there will be a bunch of Ptolemy changes that need to go
in.

_Christopher

Chad Berkley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we've talked about this before, but I think we need to re-name
> org.kepler.core.loader.Loader to something like
> org.kepler.core.loader.Kepler.  The problem I'm currently seeing is that
> when we execute Kepler on the mac, the class name shows up in the menu
> bar as the application that is being run.  I haven't found anyway around
> that, so I think it would look better to have
> org.kepler.core.loader.Kepler (or even, maybe take it out of the
> package, if that's possible, so that it's just 'Kepler' or maybe
> 'org.kepler.Kepler').
>
> What do you think?
>
> Also, I've uploaded an installer for Windows and an installer for OSX to
> http://dist.kepler-project.org/dist/Kepler-1.0Dev  Please give them a
> try and let me know if you find any problems.  They both include R in
> the installation.  If you already have R, just uncheck the R
> installation.  Note that I have not figured a non-hackish way to alter
> the path to put R on the path (Ben, is there a way we can do this so R
> doesn't have to be on the path?), so if you do install R and want the R
> workflows to work,  you'll need to add R/bin to your path manually.  I'm
> hoping to figure that one out soon.  If you come across what you think
> is a bug, please try the same operation running Kepler from your local
> SVN directory first.  If the bug happens in the installed version and
> the SVN version, it is not an installer bug.  If you do find something
> that does work in SVN but not in the installed version, please create a
> new bug for it and make the bug block on bug 3949 so I can track them
> easier.
>
> Thanks!
>
> chad

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480