[kepler-dev] renaming Loader and test installers

David Welker david.v.welker at gmail.com
Tue May 12 15:23:08 PDT 2009

Whether strictly necessary or not, I still think renaming the main class
for Kepler is a good idea. It makes sense for it to be in a special
location that is easy to remember. The current name and package
org.kepler.core.loader.Loader is unwieldy and challenging to remember.
Also, what are the advantages of it even being in a package? It is not
like you will expect to find many Kepler classes out there that we would
actually be using...

David
> Sweet!  Thanks Matt.  I didn't know that was possible from java.
>
> chad
>

> Matt Jones wrote:
>> Hi Chad,
>>
>> In at least older versions of java for Mac OS X you could use:
>>
>> System.setProperty("apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar", "true");
>> System.setProperty("com.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name",
>> "Kepler");
>>
>> to change how the menus work.  Maybe they changed it again, but this
>> used to work.
>>
>> There's more info on making things more compatible with MacOS
>> guidelines here:
>> http://www.devdaily.com/blog/post/jfc-swing/making-java-swing-app-look-like-mac-app/
>>
>> And for Java 1.3.x (including info about the 'About Kepler...' menu:
>> http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/JavaLP/JavaToMac/
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Chad Berkley
>> <berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think we've talked about this before, but I think we need to re-name
>>> org.kepler.core.loader.Loader to something like
>>> org.kepler.core.loader.Kepler.  The problem I'm currently seeing is