[kepler-dev] renaming Loader and test installers

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue May 12 15:31:40 PDT 2009

I added your previous suggestions as well as your most recent.  It
appears to work with both and does not have any effect on windows so
I'll leave both methods in there.  We may be able to remove the
System.setProperty() calls in the future.

Thanks for figuring this out.

chad

Matt Jones wrote:
> Looks like its changed in more recent JDKs.  More recent guidelines
> from Apple are here:
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Java/Conceptual/Java14Development/07-NativePlatformIntegration/NativePlatformIntegration.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001909
>
> and they say:
> 'Any Java application that uses AWT/Swing or is packaged in a
> double-clickable application bundle is automatically launched with an
> application menu similar to native applications in Mac OS X. This
> application menu, by default, contains the full name of the main class
> as the title. This name can be changed using the -Xdock:name
> command-line property, or it can be set in the information property
> list file for your application as the CFBundleName value. For more on
> Info.plist files, see “A Java Application’s Information Property List
> File.” '
>
> So it sounds like setting CFBundleName in the Info.plist file for the
> app is the way to go.  If we support multiple JVM versions, we may
> need to have conditional code that varies based on the JVM.
>
> Matt
>
> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Chad Berkley <berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu> wrote:
>> Sweet!  Thanks Matt.  I didn't know that was possible from java.
>>
>> chad
>>

>> Matt Jones wrote:
>>> Hi Chad,
>>>
>>> In at least older versions of java for Mac OS X you could use:
>>>
>>> System.setProperty("apple.laf.useScreenMenuBar", "true");
>>> System.setProperty("com.apple.mrj.application.apple.menu.about.name",