[kepler-dev] Svn back up

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon May 11 16:48:23 PDT 2009

Hi Matt,
I set up a mirror of the kepler repository at
https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/kepler/

The instructions I used were found at:
http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/svnsync.txt

One issue with the build system is that the "ant change-to"
command presumably would use the kepler tree on
code.kepler-project.org.  So, to be really useful, we would
need a way to override the repository so that if we
downloaded from source.eecs, then "ant change-to" would use
the source.eecs repository.

Another issue is that the source.eecs kepler repository is
read-only.

I'm updating this repository every hour, and the nightly build
that I run locally will use the source.eecs repository to
download the build-area module.

_Christopher

Matt Jones wrote:
> After our raid failure, Nick has restored SVN service. However, a few
> commits were lost that occurred after the time of the backup. See the
> attached log for a partial list. For those of you who committed or
> updated on May 5 or 6, you should use care to not lose your changes by
> backing up your svn working copy before running svn commands.
>
> Everyone may need a fresh checkout if svn complains about your
> revision number. Once you have an updated working copy, copy in any
> changes you had committed on may 5-6, and then commit again.
>
> This outage has pointed out the need for us to have an svn replica as
> well as backups, so we will work to set up svn replication.
>
> Thanks for your understanding and patience.
> Matt

Christopher Brooks (cxh at eecs berkeley edu) University of California
ph: 510.643.9841 fax:510.642.2718	      (Office: 545Q Cory)
home: (F-Tu) 707.665.0131 (W-F) 510.655.5480