[kepler-dev] Svn back up

Peter Reutemann fracpete at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:01:15 PDT 2009

Hi there

> I set up a mirror of the kepler repository at
> https://source.eecs.berkeley.edu/svn/kepler/
>
> The instructions I used were found at:
> http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/notes/svnsync.txt
>
> One issue with the build system is that the "ant change-to"
> command presumably would use the kepler tree on
> code.kepler-project.org.  So, to be really useful, we would
> need a way to override the repository so that if we
> downloaded from source.eecs, then "ant change-to" would use
> the source.eecs repository.
>
> Another issue is that the source.eecs kepler repository is
> read-only.
>
> I'm updating this repository every hour, and the nightly build
> that I run locally will use the source.eecs repository to
> download the build-area module.

Just a thought: what about adding a post-commit hook to automatically
sync the repository whenever a commit happens? Then you won't have to
run svnsync via cronjob (or whatever you use) and it is pretty much
up-to-date all the time.

NB: I've never setup this automatic sync myself, only heard about this
functionality.

Maybe the following links help (from a quick google):
  http://kerneltrap.org/node/17046
  http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2006/09/14/using-svnsync/

Cheers, Peter
http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/~fracpete/           Ph. +64 (7) 858-5174