[kepler-dev] Can we create ordinary java component with out using kepler source code?

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 29 08:52:42 PDT 2009

Hi Rajan,

I'm not sure what you mean by ordinary java component.  Just a class
file?  A ptolemy (non-kepler) actor?  The answer to both of those is,
yes, you can use them in Kepler.  As Edward said, if you want to use an
existing java class in Kepler, you'd need to somehow wrap it in a Kepler
(or ptolemy) component so that it could be used in a workflow.  If you
mean a ptolemy actor, then we have lots of ptolemy actors that work in
Kepler.  In fact, most of the actors in Kepler are regular ptolemy
actors.  If you give me a few more details about what you want to do, I
can point you in the right direction.

thanks,
chad