[kepler-dev] Tagging module - try it out

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Aug 4 14:43:46 PDT 2009

Hey Sean,

I just tried it out.  It's working for me.  I'm sure you're still
changing things, but I'll just point out the stuff I noticed and you can
ignore anything I say that you already know needs addressing:

* When I add tags, it pushes the "View" dropdown off of the panel.
* IMO, tags should be added to the workflow canvas itself instead of to
the toolbar since you are actually tagging the workflow.
* The "Tags:" dropdown is really ugly on the mac.  It is just a big
white box with a blue arrow next to it.
* Since there is very little room on the toolbar to begin with, I think
we need to put tagging in its own toolbar or maybe in a floating tool
window.
* I tried to run this from the command line and it failed.  I dug around
and you are still overriding org.kepler.Kepler.  There are tons of
changes we made to that for the WRP module and for command line
compatibility in general.  Your version of that class does not include
any of our changes.  If you need to make major changes to this class, we
should incorporate some extension hooks to do what you need to do
instead of overriding the whole class.
* Where is the "tag manager"?  I couldn't find the menu item for it.

Thanks,
chad