[kepler-dev] Help with Pop Up Box in Kepler

Derik Barseghian barseghian at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Apr 1 17:44:43 PDT 2009

Hi Subhav,

Just to be sure I understand your situation, am I right that your two
actors are each in a suite of their own? That is, the UserIp suite
contains the UserIp actor and the UserDecision suite contains the
UserDecision actor? Unless you have a reason for two suites, I would
instead just use one -- create both actors in one suite.

I think you're essentially trying to do the same thing as the hello-
world tutorial, except with two suites each containing an actor, and
you want the first actor available in the second suite. I think I was
able to replicate the problem you're seeing by doing roughly the
procedure attached below. I'll file a bug and we'll look into this. In
the meantime, you might try putting your actors in one suite.

Thanks,
Derik

----------------------
cd kepler.modules/build-area
ant clean-cache
ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-1.0
ant make-module-suite -Dname=hello-world
ant change-to -Dsuite=hello-world
cd ../hello-world/src
mkdir org
cd org
[create the HelloWorld actor java file from the website]
cd ../../../build-area/
ant run
instantiate HelloWorld actor
Right click on actor, Export to Kar, saving class file
Quit Kepler

ant clean-cache
ant change-to -Dsuite=kepler-1.0
ant run
File => Import Archive (the hello world actor)
Dialog (that stretches beyond the length of one monitor): The id of
the actor or workflow you are trying to import already exists [snip]
Would you like to change the id of your actor to the next available
id?" (Click Yes)
Error: Error inserting the kar file into the cache: Id already exists
in the cache: Error creating KARCacheObject: lib/jar/
org.helloworld.HelloWorld.jar (No such file or directory).