[tcs-lc] For completeness - handling of ex authors

Paul Kirk p.kirk at cabi.org
Wed Sep 21 02:33:51 PDT 2005

'ex' is an integral part of the author citation (although always (in Botany) optional wrt what comes before it) whereas 'in' is a connecting term to link the author citation with the first elements of a bibliographic reference and is typically used where the name(s) in the author citation are different from the author(s) of the item of literature (if they are the same, no 'in' citation is required).

The Code makes good reading for insomniacs ...

Paul