[tcs-lc] Re: Question about XML attribute vs. element

Nozomi Ytow nozomi at biol.tsukuba.ac.jp
Mon Mar 21 22:55:41 PST 2005

> Right -- the name-name relation is recorded as "is ambiregnal of", and for
> the original usage of the name, there can be two concepts; one that points
> to the ICBN name, and one that points to the ICZN name; and both of these
> two concept instances would be recorded as "is congruent to" with each
> other.  Two concepts, two names.

There is one concept definition in term of TCS, which is often said as
one concept.  There are two name usages using a single name literal.
They are different in their name scope (or name space), one is ICBN
while another is ICZN.  A single name literal, a single taxon concept,
but two relationships between them under different scope.  Because
they have different scopes, they may follow different rule later,
as you pointed out previously.   I would summarise one name literal,
one concept, two name usages.

Cheers,
JMS