[tcs-lc] Re: Question about XML attribute vs. element

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Mar 21 23:02:06 PST 2005

> There is one concept definition in term of TCS, which is often said as
> one concept.  There are two name usages using a single name literal.

Yes, but this can be accomodated in the urrent TCS as two concept instances
(one for each Code-name), each having "is congruent to" definitive
relationship to each other.  The alternative is to break the 1:1
Concept:Name design limitation of TCS -- which may be worth considering for
other reasons as well.

> They are different in their name scope (or name space), one is ICBN
> while another is ICZN.  A single name literal, a single taxon concept,
> but two relationships between them under different scope.  Because
> they have different scopes, they may follow different rule later,
> as you pointed out previously.   I would summarise one name literal,
> one concept, two name usages.

Agreed, but without breaking the 1:1 Concept:Name design of TCS, they can be
accomodated in the schema as one name literal, two concepts, two name
objects.