[seek] request for list of publications

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri May 23 09:53:21 PDT 2003

Hey,

I've received responses from several of you about publications for SEEK.
  The list I have so far is listed below.  If you know of other
publications or products funded by SEEK please send them to me.

Please remember to acknowledge the SEEK award for any future
publications -- an example of how to do this is on the main SEEK web site.

Thank you,

Matt

Journal Publications:
Young-Kwang Nam, Joseph Goguen, and Guilian Wang., "A Metadata Tool for
Retrieval from Heterogeneous Distributed XML Documents", Proceedings,
International Conference on Computational Science, Springer, Lecture
Notes in Computer Science, vol. , (2003), p. . Accepted

Young-Kwang Nam, Joseph Goguen, and Guilian Wang, "A Metadata
Integration Assistant Generator for Heterogeneous Distributed
Databases", Proceedings, 16th Conference on Ontologies, DataBases, and
Applications of Semantics for Large Scale Information Systems, Springer,
Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 2519, (2002), p. 1332. Published

I. Altintas, S. Bhagwanani, D. Buttler, S. Chandra, Z. Cheng, M.
Coleman, T. Critchlow, A. Gupta, W. Han, L. Liu, B. Ludäscher, C. Pu, R.
Moore,A. Shoshani, and M. Vouk, "A Modeling and Execution Environment
for Distributed Scientific Workflows", 15th Intl. Conference on
Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM), Boston,
Massachussets, vol. , (2003), p. . Accepted

B. Ludäscher, I. Altintas, A. Gupta, "Compiling Abstract Scientific
Workflows into Web Service Workflows", 15th Intl. Conference on
Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM), Boston,
Massachussets, vol. , (2003), p. . Accepted

O. Boucelma, S. Castano, C. A. Goble, V. Josifovski, Z. Lacroix, and B.
Ludaescher, "Report on the EDBT'2002 Panel on Scientific Data
Integration", SIGMOD Record, vol. 31(4), (2002), p. 107. Published

Matthew B. Jones, "SEEK EcoGrid: integrating data and computational
resources for ecology", DataBits: An electronic newsletter for
Information Managers, vol. Spring, (2003), p. . Published

William K. Michener, "Building SEEK: the Science Environment for
Ecological Knowledge ", DataBits: An electronic newsletter for
Information Managers, vol. Spring, (2003), p. . Published

William K. Michener, James H. Beach, Matthew B. Jones, Bertram
Ludaescher, Deana D. Pennington, Ricardo S. Pereira, Arcot Rajasekar,
and Mark Schildhauer, "A Knowledge Environment for the Biodiversity and
Ecological Sciences", Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, vol. ,
(2003), p. . Submitted

David Stockwell, A. Townsend Peterson, "Comparison of resolution of
methods used in mapping biodiversity patterns from point-occurrence
data.", Ecological Indicators, vol. , (2003), p. . Accepted

David R.B. Stockwell, James H. Beach, Aimee Stewart, Gregory Vorontsov,
David Vieglais, Ricardo Scachetti Pereira, "Lifemapper - an Internet
computing application for biodiversity science", Ecological Modelling,
vol. , (), p. . Submitted

David Stockwell, Oliver Ryder, and Philippe Youkharibac, "Informatics
Issues in Integrated Biodiversity Resource Archives: problems and
solutions", Environmental Informatics, vol. , (), p. . Submitted

Book(s) of other one-time publications(s):
B. Ludaescher, A. Gupta, and M. E. Martone, "A Model-Based Mediator
System for Scientific Data Management" , bibl. Morgan Kaufmann, (2003).
Book Accepted of Collection: T. Critchlow and Z. Lacroix,
"Bioinformatics: Managing Scientific Data"

Other Specific Products:

Teaching aids

Scientific Data Integration and Mediation, B. Ludäscher,
I. Altintas, A. Gupta, and K. Lin, Tutorial at the NPACI All Hands
Meeting, San Diego, 2003. Available at:
http://www.sdsc.edu/~ludaesch/Paper/ahm03-data-mediation.ppt

Teaching aids

CSE-291: Ontologies in Data Integration, graduate class,
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, University of
California, San Diego, Spring 2003. Available at:
http://www.sdsc.edu/~ludaesch/CSE-291-Spring-03/

Internet Dissemination:

http://seek.ecoinformatics.org

The main SEEK project web site, used for project communication and
collaboration, and outreach to the broader community.

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara