[seek] IRC information

Joseph Goguen goguen at cs.ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 23 09:00:55 PST 2003

I have set up a webpage for notes on my readings on problems of integrating
data by integrating metadata.  At first I was a bit startled when I discovered
some papers that cited some seemingly unrelated work of mine, but then I began
to think that some kind of general theory of logics might really be helfpul
for integrating different ontologies written in different ontology languages,
so that led my thinking, and my notes, into a somewhat esoteric direction; I
do intend to continue reading more down to earth stuff as well and put notes
on that on the page.  One thing I did notice is that there is a lot of work
going on at Edinburgh, though it is a bit difficult to get at just now because
the Edinburgh AI building burned down over the holidays!

The URL for my notes page is:

    http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/groups/tatami/seek/

There are lots of links to papers and other sites on the web.  Of course any
comments and additions are very welcome.

  -- joseph

 Joseph Goguen, Dept. Computer Science & Engineering, University of
 California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla CA 92093-0114 USA
 email: jgoguen at ucsd.edu
 www:  http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/users/goguen/
 phone: (858) 534-4197 [my office]; -1246 [dept office];
 -7029 [dept fax]; (858) 822-0702 [secy]
 office: 3131 Applied Physics and Math Building
 J Consciousness Studies: http://www.imprint-academic.com/jcs/