[SEEK-Taxon] RE: GBIF and TCS-LC for data exchange

Kennedy, Jessie J.Kennedy at napier.ac.uk
Tue Mar 1 03:56:01 PST 2005

Hi Folks

In general we agree with Gregor regarding email versus Wikis. Email is good to give quick responses, to know when changes or new proposals are being made rather than having to go and check but in terms of colating the knowledge I'm not sure htey are os good. Having said that Wikis can be complicated and do need good editing to reamin accessible to those not contributing on a regualar basis.

It was good to see that so many people are still interested in TCS/LC and it is great that we now have Roger on board to help progress the development for GBIF and thereby successful bringing together of TCS and LC.

Looking forward to getting some agreement and progress on the standards.....

Jessie and Robert.