[SEEK-Taxon] GBIF and TCS-LC for data exchange

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Feb 28 11:46:35 PST 2005

Donald,

I think its a great idea to move forward with tools and infrastructure
while continuing the schema work.  In other schema development efforts
with which I've been involved we have discovered significant issues with
  our schemas in the process of implementing tools.

In addition to focusing on TCS itself, SEEK-taxon has been focusing on
the development of standard web service APIs for accessing the
information in the TCS.  I think this work would make a good starting
point for anyone interested in tools development, as shared APIs for
tools will undoubtedly promote interoperability down the road.  The SEEK
taxon group has put two plus years work into use-cases and API
development related to the TCS.  Aimmee Stewart and Rob Gales at KU did
this work and are the best source of information about it -- they can be
reached through the seek-taxon at ecoinformatics.org mailing list.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu