[SEEK-Taxon] Re: [seek-kr-sms] Taxon/KR integration prototype proposal

thau@learningsite.com thau at learningsite.com
Wed Mar 31 09:48:37 PST 2004

Howdy!

What you write below makes sense.  The focus on GARP comes from a SEEK
decision to use GARP in early demos.  So, in our prototype, we're assuming
that the researcher has already decided to use GARP, and we can determine
necessary inputs based on that choice.  In the future (i.e. out of scope
for this demo), we'll have to support tool discovery, which will probably
involve asking questions about what kinds of data the person knows are
necessary to answer the question and then suggesting tools which support
that need.  This will create an iterative process in which a set of data
types are picked before the model is chosen, and then further data types
are required based on the model.

Dave