[SEEK-Taxon] lab meeting presentation about taxonomic data model

Xianhua Liu xianhua_unc at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 10:33:22 PST 2004

Hi, everyone,

Here is a presentation I gave at the lab meeting here at UNC. I briefly introduced the SEEK project and Taxon Group tasks and mainly discussed some key issues about the scope and conceptual design of taxonomic data model. Some models were described and compared at the conceptual level. Your comments will be highly appreciated.

I am also trying to make a very detailed comparison among several concept-based models. I am in the middle of preparing a paper on this topic, which might be finished soon sometime next month. I will send it to all of you and ask for comments.

Take care,

Xianhua