[SEEK-Taxon] RE: some ideas (Susan Gauch)

sgauch@ittc.ku.edu sgauch at ittc.ku.edu
Mon Sep 15 15:03:25 PDT 2003

We have a Ph.D. student, Joanna Trajkova, that is working with me on
some exploratory, CS-research topics that may feed in to SEEK.
She is looking at using OWL and other KR representations for
taxonomies.  Looking into SMS is also a possibility in future.
While she would have capacity to address these issues, having someone
with which to work might give her more direction (and faster progress).

So, I think we'll be looking into these issues in any case, the question
is how much money and effort do we want to spend (with the resulting
improved speed up on progress).

Susan.