[seek-kr-sms] growl alpha release

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Mon Aug 23 07:30:08 PDT 2004

Dear All,
After prolonged debugging we are happy to present the first "official"
alpha release of Growl Editor.
The jar can be downloaded from
http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu/dmaps/growl/GrOWLEditor.jar

To run it use java -jar GrOWLEditor.jar. On windows xp one could run it
by double clicking on the jar icon.
Here is a very short   user guide , still sufficient for anyone who has
a brief idea about owl:
http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu/dmaps/growl/howto.html

The Growl source is still available only through cvs, but I could send
zip by request.

To the best of my knowledge the software does not have  big   bugs. And
perhaps even at this point it could be used as a regular OWL editor for
editing and saving OWL files. Small bugs are expected, of course, and we
request you to inform us about any bug you find.

Any suggestions on improvement of GrOWL UI and various functionalities
would be welcome! I shall prepare a list of issues/questions that I see
myself.

Also at this point we would not feel shy to show Growl to external
peers, so feel free to mention Growl website
http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu/dmaps/growl/  that contains the above
links
(the website will become much better in next few weeks).

Thanks,
Serguei