[seek-kr-sms] growl applet

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Thu Aug 12 09:35:21 PDT 2004

I made a couple of demo pages that illustrate usage of growl as applet.
http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu/dmaps/growl/QueryApplet.html illustrates
connection of GrOWL  to java script. It shows how to attach a group of
JS functions to owl classes via external (to owl) xml file.

http://ecoinformatics.uvm.edu/dmaps/growl/StyleApplet.html illustrate
style sheet for changing look&feel of growl graphs.

In IE applet  layout sometimes struck up  just after the loading, which
never happens in Netscape. I still have to fix it. Another, a real
problem is that the size of applet has grown to 700K compared to 350 K
of GFL. I think that this could be cured only by usage of DIG format  or
OWL XML syntax instead of owl -rdf that requires a 350K of additional
API.

Serguei