[seek-kr-sms] property restrictions in growl

Serguei Krivov Serguei.Krivov at uvm.edu
Mon Aug 2 19:05:31 PDT 2004

As far as I can tell, both Jena and OWLAPI require that a property be
declared before it is used.  So for example

  <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="objProp"/>
  <owl:Class rdf:ID="Test1">
    <rdfs:subClassOf>
      <owl:Restriction>
        <owl:onProperty>
          <owl:ObjectProperty rdf:about="#objProp"/>
        </owl:onProperty>
        <owl:minCardinality
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int"
        >2</owl:minCardinality>
      </owl:Restriction>
    </rdfs:subClassOf>
  </owl:Class>

is fine in both, but remove the first line and both complain

I have no complains on my end. I have put the example abowe in a file
(see attachments). Although I removed the declaration
<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="objProp"/> I have opened the file in growl
with no exception , warning or any other complain.

serguei