[seek-dev] Proposal to repackage the stubs.

Peter McCartney peter.mccartney at asu.edu
Wed Sep 14 05:42:44 PDT 2005

HI. Jing suggested a week or so ago having an ecogrid conference call to
refresh where we were, partly for the benefit of yin ding from ASU who has
recently joined. I wonder if we should try to set something up and perhaps
put this on the agenda.
On Tuesday 13 September 2005 03:59 pm, Jing Tao wrote:
> Hi, Kevin:
>
> The plan looks good. The only thing I am thinking is why resutset and
> query package is not of queryservice package? Actually those class serve
> for query service. In your plan the package should be: o.e.e.resultset,
> o.e.e.query and  o.e.e.queryservice. Can we do this way:
> o.e.e.queryservice.resultset and o.e.e.queryservice.query?
>
> And now we only implement query service level one, what is your plan for
> level two?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jing
>
> Jing Tao
> National Center for Ecological
> Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS)
> 735 State St. Suite 204
> Santa Barbara, CA 93101
>
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Kevin Ruland wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:52:38 -0500
> > From: Kevin Ruland <kruland at ku.edu>
> > To: seek-dev at ecoinformatics.org
> > Subject: [seek-dev] Proposal to repackage the stubs.
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I would like to propose repackaging the stub and assorted client classes
> > in order to facilitate easier building and developer understanding of
> > the code.
> >
> > Currently, in the package org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics there are 29
> > different java files.  These files are a mixture of axis generated stubs
> > from xsds, hand coded utility classes, and client classes.  Then in
> > o.e.e.stubs there are stubs for at least 3 different wsdls.
> >
> > I suggest we partition these classes into more useful packages along
> > these lines:
> >
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.resultset - parent package for all stuff
> > related to the resultset.xsd
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.resultset.stubs - generated classes from
> > resultset.xsd
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.resultset.util - hand coded utility classes
> > such as: EcogridResultsetParser and EcogridResultsetTransformer.
> >
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.query - similarly for query.xsd
> > o.e.e.q.stubs
> > o.e.e.q.util
> >
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.queryservice - parent package for
> > EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevel*.gwsdl generated things.
> > o.e.e.queryservice.bindings - generated code
> > o.e.e.queryservice.service - generated code
> > o.e.e.queryservice.client - hand coded client code
> > EcogridFactoryQueryClient
> >
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.putservice - for EcoGridPutInterfaceLevel*
> >
> > org.ecogrid.ecoinformatics.authservice - for EcoGridAuthInterfaceLevel*
> >
> > I would not be adverse to having all the wsdl generated code in a single
> > package (rather than have bindings & service sub packages).  Also, the
> > o.e.e.resultset.util code could be put in o.e.e.resultset directly.
> >
> > These changes would make both the build easier to maintain and the
> > overall code base easier to understand.
> >
> > Kevin

Peter McCartney (peter.mccartney at asu.edu)
International Institute for Sustainability
Arizona State University
(480 965-6791