[seek-dev] config file for ecogrid put service

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Sep 21 10:25:12 PDT 2004

Matt,

I was not in yesterday and was not able to reply your mail yesterday.

Good suggestions. The implementation for config file definitely needs more
thoughts.

I am also thinking we need to have separate configuration info for each
service. e.g. one
service needs debug on while the other don't need debug info. But having one
config file
for each service is not desirable. So we can have one config file for
ecogrid, say,
EcogridConfig.xml,  which has config info as of following.

<EcogridLeveleOneQueryService>
   <metacatURL>http://indus.nceas.ucsb.edu/knb-oracle/metacat</metacatURL>
   <srbMatHost>orion.sdsc.edu</srbMatHost>
   <debugOn>yes</debugOn>
<EcogridLeveleOneQueryService>

<EcogirdLevelOnePutService>
   <metacatURL>http://indus.nceas.ucsb.edu/knb-oracle/metacat</metacatURL>
   <srbMatHost>orion.sdsc.edu</srbMatHost>
   <srbPort>6617</srbPort>
   <debugOn>no</debugOn>
<EcogirdLevelOnePutService>

For the current implementation, I used one globus call,
ContainerConfig.getConfig().getConfigPath() in
the org.globus.ogsa.config.ContainerConfig package, which returns the path
$TOMCAT/webapps/ogsa/WEB-INF.
We can modify it based on your code.

Bing