[seek-dev] config file for ecogrid put service

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Sep 20 09:16:17 PDT 2004

Hi Bing,

I hope that the config path you mentioned does not hard-code "ogsa" as
the context.   If so, you should probably use code like this to avoid
that hard-coding (note that I assume the availability of the
ServletConfig object named "config" below)...

private static final String CONFIG_DIR = "WEB-INF/etc";
                                                              private
static final String CONFIG_NAME = "MetacatConfig.xml";
this.context = config.getServletContext();

String dirPath = context.getRealPath(CONFIG_DIR);
File propertyFile = new File(dirPath, CONFIG_NAME);

Also, Don't you think these configuration files could be combined into a
single configuraiton file for Metacat/SRB/whatever implementation.  Do
the different implementations share properties?  It would be nice if
they did.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu