[seek-dev] ecogrid deploy and undeploy

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Tue Sep 21 11:35:11 PDT 2004

Matt, Jing and Rod,

In the current Ecogrid build files, the current configuration creates the
undeployment gar id as 'org'. Since we have developed several services and
will have more services in the future, this needs to be changed.

There is a Globus bug which grabs the string before a '.' as gar id for
undeployment for a given gar file. e.g. in our ecogrid,
   org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne.SRBImpl.gar
   org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.EcoGridPutInterfaceLevelOne.SRBImpl.gar
, these services have the same undeployment gar id as 'org'. Changing the
the value for property "undeploy.name" in our build files would not work.

This causes extreme inconveniences when we just want to undeploy one service
not
all of them. I have changed the build files (in my machine, not checked in
yet)
to create gar files with following names.
   EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne.MetacatImpl.gar
   EcoGridPutInterfaceLevelOne.SRBImpl.gar

The gar Ids for undeployment after deploying services will be
   EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne
   EcoGridPutInterfaceLevelOne

So in undeploying a service, we would run following.
   $ ant undeploy -Dgar.id=EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne

On the other hand, the gar file name,
org.ecoinformatics.ecogrid.EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne.MetacatImpl.gar,
in uncessarily too log. The "EcoGridQueryInterfaceLevelOne.MetacatImpl.gar"
should be good enough.

I will check in build files if you agree.

Bing