[seek-dev] config file for ecogrid put service

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Mon Sep 20 08:53:08 PDT 2004

Jing,

As we discussed before, we need to figure out how to place
the ecogrid service configuration file through deployment
procedure.

Currently, the code I put for ecogrid put service reads
configuration file from $TOMCAT/webapps/ogsa/WEB-INF/etc.
So in testing metacat 'put' service, you need to create
a sub-directory 'etc' under $TOMCAT/webapps/ogsa/WEB-INF.

The configuration file for Metacat is 'MetacatConfig.xml'.
Currently, the 'metcata URL' and 'debug' are supported
in our put service. I put the content for 'MetacatConfig.xml'
in the end of this mail.

If MetacatConfig.xml is not in  $TOMCAT/webapps/ogsa/WEB-INF/etc,
our 'put' service will take default values as of followings.
   Metacat URL: http://indus.nceas.ucsb.edu/knb-oracle/metacat
   debugOn: no

(Note if debugOn is yes, the debug messages are stored in
the file 'catalina.out'.)

Sincerely,
Bing

<metacatConfig>