[seek-dev] Design documents for kepler

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Mar 17 10:07:23 PST 2004

Rod,

We've had trouble with these diagramming formats.  Although I'd like to
say the SVG format is portable, we've found in general that it is not
yet.  Each SVG editor seems to export an SVG file format that it, and
only it, can read.  So, for now we settled on using Illustrator for the
SVG editor, hoping that it would eventually be openable in other SVG
tools.  By changing some of the save options I've managed to get a
version saved that opens in other SVG editors such as sodipodi and
Batik.  Let me know if that helped.

Matt

PS --we're waiting for you on the ecogrid conference call right NOW

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara