[seek-dev] GIS functions

Deana Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Tue Feb 3 12:27:30 PST 2004

At the BEAM meeting, we identified a short list of GIS functionality
that we need to accomplish the ecological niche modeling activity.  I'll
be spending some time next week looking at open source solutions.  The
list is pretty basic, so I don't expect it to be difficult to find a
solution, but if anyone has strong opinions, please let me know.

Deana

GIS functions

I/O multiple formats (GDAL)

Projection (GDAL)

Clipping

Resample (GDAL?)

Script polygon around occurrence data (GRASS? grid smearing?)

Buffering (GRASS)

Map algebra

Reclass

Export cell counts for histograms, area, etc.

map viz (MapServer)