[seek-dev] java:RPC or handler?

Bing Zhu bzhu at sdsc.edu
Thu Aug 5 17:42:57 PDT 2004

Matt, Jing and Rod,

I found that using "java:RPC" as provider in 'wsdd' file can eliminate
the problem caused by subclassing GridServiceImpl or
PersistentGridServiceImpl.
Both of them work fine under "java:RPC".

Using "java:RPC" has another benefit is that users see real wsdl file
(generated
from a gwsdl file) when clicking the wsdl link in the service list in a
remote
machine. On the other hand, users just see xxxxx_service.wsdl file if using
the 'handler' as provider. please check out the following two links to give
you some idea.

Use "java:RPC":
http://sasa.sdsc.edu:8080/ogsa/services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/EcoGridLe
velOnePutService?wsdl

use "handler":
http://sasa.sdsc.edu:8080/ogsa/services/org/ecoinformatics/ecogrid/EcoGridQu
eryInterfaceLevelOneService?wsdl

So I strongly suggest to use "java:RPC" for the provider since we decided to
move to
wsdl direction as much as possible.

Bing