[seek-dev] Re: QB Next Step

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Aug 5 11:13:14 PDT 2004

Hi Rod,

I think the next step is a review by the project developers once you
have checked in the code.  The review should cover 1) effectiveness of
the proposed UI, 2) effectiveness of the software design in terms of
interfaces and modularity.  Probably Jing, Chad, Dan, and I can look it
over, as well as anyone else who is interested.  If everyone agrees it
is good, then we should discuss how to get user input into the process
(ie, whether we should implement it and then ask for feedback, or vice
versa, given that it will be hard for our target users to envision what
an interface such as this does in the abstract).

I think you should do the integration into Kepler, but until you've made
some code contributions to Kepler you'll have to work through someone
else (Jing or Dan or Chad) to do cvs checkins.  Jing is writing the
backend that will be processing your queries, so he's a logical person
to handle the checkins for you as your query ui will need to be
interfaced with his query processor.  Once you've contributed this
module I think we can then ask for CVS write access for you for Kepler.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara