[seek-dev] Re: java:RPC or handler?

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 6 09:55:30 PDT 2004

Hi, Bing:

I think we talked about the this issue before. The reseaon we don't use
java:RPC style is this approach will only generate a web serive rather
than a grid servcie. Comparing to web service, grid service is stateful
and has service data. (The more adavantadge of grid service you may find in
http://www.casa-sotomayor.net/gt3-tutorial/singlehtml/progtutorial_0.4.html#start_key_gridservice)

However, currently we don't use any features of grid service in our
ecogrid. So the style is not a big deal. If we use "handler" probably
benefit we will use some features of grid service in future.

Thanks.

Jing

--
Jing Tao